1. A liar tends to be uncomfortable and will build a wall by placing an object between the two of you. So when sitting down place something simple on the table to their left or right side like a pencil.
2. Often a liars body will become rigid with stiff movement in the joints. Especially their legs and will struggle to keep their arms still and relaxed.
3. They fidget with their face, like scratching the sides of their temples or nose. Usually open hand gestures mean they are to comfortable around you. Most likely a sibling or spouse will be like this. Go back to number 1. And change the subject before coming back to the question. It will be an unconscious movement.
4. They completely lose reality with how to deal with the truth and will go on the defensive fighting for the truth or rather their truth. A lie.
5. Becomes humored by joking or making a rude comment most likely they usually throw the question back at you.
6. They go through a series of emotions when talking to them, change the subject and make them comfortable again before pursuing further. Watch the color of their ears and front cheeks. They will normal out again if lied to.
7. If you ask about their location that night and they look up to the left.
8. If they gossip or ramble about other people or things they heard they look to the left. If the person is right handed this will change the direction they look.
9. Will give short brisk answer, “I don't know.” Not a question of thought.
10. Look for the artery on the neck, especially men, note how it pulses before questioning and on whether it quickens when asked.
11. A hard emotional lie is detected by whether their thumb and forefinger touch briefly. A sign on not dealing well on the subject.
12. They lean their head to the left when looking at you and thinking of an answer.
13. Crossed arms is a defensive offensive gesture, looking for fast breathing, usually they tend to stare at you or through you.
14. Stuttering is a given, often done by cheating spouses and their nightly routines. A quick answer of 11:00 or another time. Ask if they are sure and they will stutter a different time maybe not an exact time but pretty darn close to the first time. Trying prove exactness.
15. Coughing during the conversation or sighing is looking for a way out and is hoping you'll give up.
16. Sniffling and looking down while fidgeting around their knees with the hands. Mainly because of the sweat buildup.
17. Will need water during questioning, lying dehydrates you.
18. Someone that cannot control their lying will still lie with the proof sitting in front of them. This person needs counseling and may have issues in their past. Do a back ground check.
19. Keeps you away from certain people or avoids talking about certain individuals. No fear means no lie.
20. Becomes needy and over affectionate by trying to touch your hands for your comfort. Another lie, its for his/hers. Will want you to look at them in the eyes, smile at you and say, “Look, I would never cheat on you, I never have before and I never will.” Go back to number 1 by changing the subject and the ask. “Really?” (This ones my favorite)