1. Happiness takes no account of time.
2. Virtue is her own reward.
3. Small gains bring great wealth.
4. Suspicion is the poison of true friendship.
5. Speed is the soldier's asset.
6. Sweet discourse makes short days and nights.
7. Soft words butter no parsnips.
8. Set a thief to catch a thief.
9. Well fed, wed bred.
10. Laugh at your ills, and save doctors' bills.
11. Sloth is the key of poverty.
12. Among the blind the one eyed man is the king.
13. To err is human.
14. You can't judge a book by its cover.
15. Gut no fish till you get them.
16. Never think yourself above business.
17. Better late than never.
18. A man becomes learned by asking questions.
19. A merry heart goes all the way.
20. The darkest place is under the candlestick.
21. Wet behind the ears.
22. The danger past and God forgotten.
23. The devil sometimes speaks the truth.
24. Praise is not pudding.
25. A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
26. Doubt is the key of knowledge.
27. You cannot burn the candle at both ends.
28. A borrowed cloak does not keep one warm.
29. What's lost is lost.
30. The farthest way about is the nearest way home.
31. The fox knew too much, that's how he lost his tail.