Regulations on Beijing Subway Tickets
These regulations are formulated in accordance with national and municipal regulations to ensure the proper use of subway tickets.
Passengers shall purchase tickets to ride on the subway. Those without tickets or those who use invalid or counterfeit tickets may not board the subway.
(1) Single tickets are only valid on the date of issue.
(2) One passenger may take one child below 1.2 m free of charge; should two or more such children be taken, only one child may enjoy a free trip.
(3) Disabled servicemen and blind persons who hold a Free Boarding Card may take the subway free of charge. The card is valid only for the cardholder, but an accompanying person may take a free trip.
(4) Passengers with a General Ticket-pad shall have the ticket checked and torn off at the ticket check. Any torn-off by the passenger himself/herself will render the ticket void.
(5) Expired ticket will be considered null and void. Tickets are not refundable once sold.
Passengers using monthly tickets shall abide by the following rules:
(1) The monthly ticket shall only be valid within the month. Its use shall be frequency-limited.
(2) A regular ticket shall be purchased by holders of a monthly ticket if the monthly ticket is not carried on the holder.
(3) No expired, altered or counterfeit monthly ticket shall be used.
Passengers that fail to purchase or use tickets as required shall be liable to the following surcharges:
(1) Users of an expired ticket shall pay four times the daily charge for an ordinary single ticket for each day counted from the first day of the month as indicated on the monthly ticket until the day when the offence is discovered. No surcharge, however, shall exceed 300 yuan.
(2) Users of an altered or counterfeit monthly ticket shall have the ticket confiscated and pay a surcharge of 100 yuan.
(3) Persons who use a counterfeit or expired ticket, or enter the station without a ticket, shall pay a surcharge 10 times of a single ticket.
Passengers who fail to purchase or use tickets as required and refuse to undergo ticket inspection or pay surcharges shall be handed over to the police if the case is serious enough to disrupt public order.
These regulations have been approved by the People's Government of Beijing Municipality and shall enter into force when promulgated by the Beijing Municipal Administration Commission.